- Participants in the masterclasses are divided into two categories: Active and Observer. There is no limit for observer participants
- Applications for active participants will be accepted in order of application (date of application). Once the limit of active participants will be reached, participants may be asked to audition with a recording. In case of doubt, it will be the teacher to decide whom to accept as an active or observer participant
- For those participants who are interested in chamber music activities, we offer the possibility to participate in chamber music ensembles, depending on the level, the availability of other musicians for the ensembles, and in agreement with the teachers
- Teacher will be always assisted by a professional piano accompanist
- At the end of the course, a certificate of participation will be issued for all participants
- Participant who will demonstrate an outstanding preparation will be selected for taking part on the Festival concerts
Application and payment
Fill in the application form online and pay the deposit (CHF 300) with credit card directly online, bank transfer or postal order. Bank account details for bank transfer:
Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino
SWIFT code: BSCTCH22
Account number 4267662/001.000.001
IBAN: CH69007644267662C000CAccount holder
casella postale 722
- The enrolment and the accommodation (if requested) will be confirmed only after having received the application fee. The fee will not be refunded in case of withdrawal. Refunds will be paid only if the class is cancelled by the organizers. The confirmation letter of the enrolment will be sent after having received the deposit. The course fee must be paid in full before the beginning of the masterclass either at the Festival Office with cash in Swiss francs or Euro (we do not accept any other currency), or before your arrival with credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD) through the link you will find on the confirmation letter, or by bank transfer (see details above)
- Special offer: 15% discount on the course fee if you enrol before May 15, 2014 (date of payment)
- Application deadline: June 15, 2014. After this date, applications will be possible only if places will be still available
Cost of the course
Application fee (all prices are expressed in Swiss Franks – CHF):
Costs for individual participants
Applicaion fee CHF 250.- (ca. €200.-)
Participation fee (active participants) CHF 600.- (ca. €480.-)
Participation fee (listeners) CHF 50.- (ca. €40.-)
Chamber music ensembles costs
Application fee (per ensemble) CHF 250.- (ca. €200.-)
Duo CHF 950.- (ca. €760.-)
Trio CHF 1250.- (ca. €1000.-)
Quartet CHF 1350.- (ca. €1080.-)
Quintet CHF 1500.- (ca. €1200.-)
NOTE: prices in Euro are only for informative purposes. We will apply the current exchange rate of the day at the moment of the payment.
Rights of active participants
- Enrolled active participants are entitled to:
- active participation to the chosen course;
- active participation in chamber music lessons and concerts (for the concerts only on the recommendation of
the masterclass teacher or of the artistic director);
- collaboration with the contemporary music laboratory (composition masterclass, depending on the course demands);
- free entrance to all Ticino Musica concerts;
- free use of all studying rooms, instruments and material exclusively and explicitly available to participants;
- free participation in complementary courses;
- free participation as listener to all other courses;
Rights of listener participants
Listeners are entitled to free entrance to all courses and concerts.
- Lodging in private houses, starting at around CHF 250.- (ca. € 200.-) for two weeks (no food included; meal tickets are available as per point 17)
- Lodging in students’ residence with full board, CHF 800.- (ca. € 640). Meals included in the agreement: breakfast, lunch and dinner for two weeks (Sundays excluded). Modern rooms (double or single) with WI-FI connection, air conditioning (not all rooms), and shared laundry room. Towels are not included.
- Hotel: the organisers will suggest Hotel accommodation corresponding as closely as possible to the requests of the participants. Participants will have to deal with the booking procedures by themselves. Accommodation is possible in the following categories:
A – two/three-star-hotel (CHF 120.-)
B – one/two-star-hotel (CHF 90.-)
C – youth hostel (CHF 50.– limited places)
The prices are approximate, per person, per day, (two- or three-bed rooms). Single rooms, if available, cost about 30-50% more.
Full board service
Meals will be available at the Mensa. Tickets can be bought at the Ticino Musica Office in Lugano at the price of CHF 12.- for lunch and dinner, and CHF 6.- for the breakfast.
Pictures, audio and video
By applying to the masterclasses, the participant authorises the Ticino Musica Festival to make video and/or audio recordings, to take pictures, to transmit by radio or TV broadcast any of his/her lessons, rehearsals, concerts or Opera presentations, organized either by the Ticino Musica Festival or by selected third party organizations or individuals. In particular, the participant surrenders to Ticino Musica all the rights of said video and/or audio recordings and pictures for any use that might be relevant to the Festival. The Festival Ticino Musica reserves the right to use all pictures, audio and video recordings for promotional purposes related to the present edition of the Festival or to future editions, or to release the audio and/or video recordings for demonstrational or promotional purposes.
Terms & conditions acceptance.
Enrolment to the courses implies full acceptance of these terms of participation. In the event of any disputes, the terms of participation in the Italian language shall be legally binding.
Participants waive all rights to initiate legal proceedings against the Festival.
For matters not explicitly specified in the terms of participation, we refer to Swiss law and especially to the Swiss Code of Obligations and the laws governing the specific matter. The present rules of participation can be changed for organisational reasons; already enrolled participants will be informed about the changes.